What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Friends

As I sit in 'My Room' today, I am having a difficult time thinking of what I can share with you this week.  My thoughts keep returning to "friends".  So... I guess I am meant to share my feelings about friends.  I have some really great friends that I cherish more each year.  They are our biggest influence in life... we learn from each other.  As I get older, friends become so very important and special.   As Kim Anderson stated in her book, "It's such a comfort to know that whenever the stress and demands of the outside world get us down, we can count on each other's support to help build us back up.  We are there for each other through the highest and lowest of times, applauding success, and easing the pain of defeat; sharing the magic of each other's dreams... " 

Such good friends are known as my "Anyway Friends".  No matter what I do, my friends will love me anyway and vice vesa.  It is a great feeling knowing there are so many special people in my life.  We don't know what lies ahead, but what I promise is that I am here for my friends today to listen or talk, to applaud or console, and to be your anyway friend.

It is my hope that you have "anyway friends".  Have you let them know how much they mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment