What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chocolate and Books

Everyone has a favorite thing they like to do in order to relax.  One of my favorite things is to make the trip to Barnes & Noble and browse the huge assortment of knowledge that is within.  Books are so very much like people.   Some are amusing, some are mysterious, some are informational, some are less than desirable, some are romantic, some are inspirational, some are difficult to understand and are complex while others are See Jane Run books.  On my last trip to the bookstore I bought a book entitled, "Chocolate Lover's Club".  It seemed like a sensible book since I am a chocolate lover at heart.  Is the book a best seller?  Obviously not, but what catches my attention is the fact that these four women  in the book are totally different...different life styles, different levels of financial living, different intelligence, almost different worlds.  Because of their passion for chocolate, they are united and they think they can do anything, endure anything, and be anything.... they are steadfast friends over one simple common thread...CHOCOLATE!

Books can take us  places we could only dream; they allow us to transform ourselves into our heroes; They allow us to live in a castle by the ocean or a shack in the forest.  They fill our heads with knowledge and our hearts with love.  They encourage us to laugh and allow us to cry. They can be our best friends in good and difficult times.  We can escape reality by simply exploring the contents of a book.

As I was reading in "My Room" (and eating my snickers bar) I became a member of the Chocolate Lover's Club!  What fun!   I am so thankful for all those " book covers " that have been a part of my life. 
Now... before I leave you there is one last thing you must know.  Please pay attention as this is very important!  If you ever receive a text message from me that says: "Chocolate Emergency" it is imperative that you send chocolate immediately!  Have a good week and enjoy good friends, good books, and of course good chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment