What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Climb

Today my room happens to be the veranda where I am trying desperately to rid the area of the "whirligigs" that fall continuously from the trees.  Why is it that those little whirligigs can land anywhere, and come spring without any effort, they sprout little trees.  But..., the tree I just purchased for the yard needs watering and nurturing to overcome the possibility of dying and then pray that the winter does not kill it?  I guess we all face obstacles of our own design and making.

I think about the obstacles that people face each day.  What may not be an obstacle to me, may be a mountain to someone else.  What is a struggle for me, is a blessing to another.  What is important is what we learn and experience in the process of conquoring those obstacles. We are made to overcome.   I am reminded of the song sung by Miley Cyrus, The Climb:

"There's always going to be another mountain, I'm always going to want to make it move.  Always going to be an uphill battle.  Sometimes you're going to have to lose.  Ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side.  It's the climb.  The struggle I'm facing, the chances I'm taking.  Sometimes they knock me down, but no I'm not breaking.  I may not know it, but these are the moments that I'm going to remember most.  Just got to keep going, got to be strong, just got to keep pushing on cause there's always going to be another mountain."

So...what are your obstacles and what have you learned in the climb?

No comments:

Post a Comment