What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Sunday, March 14, 2010

What fuels you?

One question most asked of me is, "How can you do what you do day after day?"  My answer is simple and one I will share before ending this blog.  First,  I worked for years in an occupation I was told by counselors that I would be successful in.  It did not occur to me that perhaps I was destined for other things.  Because I was brought up to be the best of whatever I chose, I worked hard to be a high producing and efficient employee.  However, I found my energy depleted, depression visited frequently, and negativity was my co-pilot.  There were days when I would sit in the parking lot physically ill just thinking about venturing inside.  

Thanks to someone who knew me better than I knew myself, I was given an opportunity to change careers. Valuable lessons were learned.  I found I could continue my education no matter what the age.  I found I could enjoy going to work each morning.  I found I was not a negative person but one of encouragement.   I learned that there are other choices for us which can improve quality of life by just being content and happy.  I learned I could be a balcony person.

So... the answer to the question is:
When a person loves what they do, that love naturally fuels the energy. That energy fuels a passion which in turn enables us to do what we do day after day and love it. 

What fuels you?

No comments:

Post a Comment