What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Inner Turmoil

This week I have encountered a few dear and close friends fighting a monster known as "Inner Turmoil".  The monster is difficult to calm as we feed it through helplessness, doubt, uncertainty, and guilt.  I sympathize because I have been there so many times, but I am not sure I have any words of wisdom to share.

When we have something in our life that is no longer,  (even if we do not like it)  it is a disapperance of something  that was once alive, vibrant, and unique. Now there is nothing but empty space which creates a cold void.  Our emotions are of a mix..... sad for the cold void, but not really missing the "thing" personally. It is like having an ugly chair in your living quarters.  You hate the chair but when you rid the demon from the room, you miss something in the space.  It has left a cold void in your room.  Sometime the inner turmoil will not leave until you orchestrate the closure of the empty space.....move furniture, buy a new chair, or realize the change of an empty space is perfect.

"Change is the fundamental building block of the human experience." (Rex Allen)

No comments:

Post a Comment