What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Remembrance Day

Today is a special remembrance day... it is the 60th anniversary of my brother's death.  60 years! Wow.... that is a long time!  I decided I needed to visit the cemetery where he was buried.  Of course, my second thought was that one never goes to visit someone without taking something.  What would he like....."  A cookie of course!  After stopping at the store and buying a pack of M&M cookies, I continued my journey.    Just as in our childhood... he got one and I got five... that is the way an older sister counts.  One for you and five for me.  The only thing missing was the battering back and forth.  .... that and the milk we usually had to go with it.  Sound silly?  Of course but it lightens a heavy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment