What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Fathers Day Thoughts

Father’s Day is just around the clock corner and I am preparing cards and special thoughts for the men in our family.  My father and father in law are no longer with us and it is a perfect time to miss them but thankful they are in a great place.  As with many in our small town, we cannot help but think of Fathers Day 47 years ago when a train derailed resulting in a day long fight with exploding tank cars, fire, and uncertainty.  Every year our community comes together to thank God no one died and by His grace we recovered and united.  We discovered that  things we thought were so very important were not.  What was and still is important is our faith and belief in God, unity in our community, and love for our families.  With this thought in mind, I hope everyone takes a few moments to consider what is important in your life and be thankful.  Happy Father’s Day to all you men who love and care so deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment