What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Sunday, April 4, 2010

How Do You See?

Today's inspiration comes to me from our morning church bulletin about how we see things.  Do we see things with the eyes of our heads?  or do we see things with the eyes of our hearts?  Interesting question and one that kept coming back to me today.

I think of the mother whose child was born with deformities. To her she sees a blessing from heaven.
I think of the florist who creates a centerpiece.  She sees a masterpiece of her talents...one flower at a time. 
I think of the carpenter who makes a coffee table. He sees the wood coming to life in all its beauty to grace your home.
I think of the blind who lives in darkness.  He sees the beauty of his imagination
I think of the seamstress who sews a plain floral blouse. She sees layers of lace that bloom. 

Do we miss alot when we fail to see things with the eyes of our heart?  What eyes do you see with?

No comments:

Post a Comment