What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Life on a 3x5

I was going through some old papers and found an article I wrote a few years ago that I felt would be worth sharing today.  There was a movie starring Jennifer Anise.  The movie placed her in New York city where she owned a small floral shop.  While meeting with a potential client, she handed him her business card stating, "My Life On a 3x5".  Immediately my feelings were rather sad for anyone who would think their life could be summed up on a 3 x 5 pieces of paper.  There is so much more to life than that... it can fill a book!  Ours is but a journey into ourselves.  Our life is like a book that we write throughout our life by dancing, singing, smiling, trusting, loving, laughing, crying, learning, dreaming, remembering, working, winning, losing, and healing.  Life on earth is to be lived, even through those difficult times as it all becomes part of our book.  Those difficult times teaches us lessons that we carry forward.  In my next blog I will share with you Mare Chernoff's 26 Life Lessons learned by the age of 26.  Stay tuned!

1 comment: