What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Star's End

Prior to this week, I had been questioning where my star was leading me and if I should follow a star that led me into uncertain territory.  I turned to my Greater Being for guidance, asking for a directional sign, one of purpose,  one that I cannot misinterpret.  Several days this week I was placed in the path of misfortune and tragedy of others who so desperately needed support, understanding and love. Although it has been an extremely emotional and draining week, I undoubtedly know that God has shown me my star's trail.  I am meant to use whatever talents I have been blessed with to be present for those who are experiencing life's difficult trials.    In this search of life and self, I am reminded of something Friedrick Nietzsche wrote: "On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain; either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow."  Where are you in your search for your star of life and self?

No comments:

Post a Comment