What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Roots and Wings

Roots and Wings... When our priest gave a message with this title, my  mind went immediately to a blog entry since it reminded me of the angel in "My Room" (sorry Father Lee).    Roots are important to me.  It is my heritage, my family, my beliefs, and it has made me the person I am today. Although I did not come from royalty or wealth,  I am a descendent of  hard working people who have strong faith, huge pride, and determined spirit.  I am proud of that heritage.  The wings bless us with the freedom that we are granted while on this earth to carry out our destiny.  Although we encounter huge, sometimes insurmountable obstacles along the path of living, we somehow find a way to rise above and move on. Those insurmountable obstacles almost always give us gifts in the form of lessons which form the character of our being.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true! Some of my trials and darkest moments have given the best lessons and hidden blessings. These things which seem bad at the time really do help us become who we were meant to be. Thanks for reminding me of this.

    ReplyDelete