What Is Lonnie's Room?

There is a room in our home to which I navigate more frequently than the others. It makes me feel secure, it is cozy, and it is quiet. From the peak of the room, there is a large rusty metal angel suspended by a very thin wire. It would apear as if the angel is hovering over me, protecting, and always present. The lighting in the room creates a virtual display of dancing shadows around the angel.

Every evening when I am in "MY ROOM", I think of what Luciano de Crescenzo once said, "We are all like one-winged angels. it is only when we help each other that we can fly."

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year Happiness

My guardian angel greets me today in my room and I am thankful for the peaceful surroundings at the end of a very cold, snowy, and hectic day.    My reflection today is in reference to happiness and the new year.  We all have such high expectations for a new year,  don't we?  When we are grieving, however, our expectations are just to survive!  I understand...... I have been there, just as millions of other people in the world.  Because I have experienced this same pain and have survived, I am going to give you some things to think about.
         - What did you do today and how did it make you feel?
         - Think of a day you felt really good... what did you do that day?
         -  What areas of your life make your life?
         -  Write down all your blessings
         -  Focus on strengths which can facilitate moving forward

It is an excercise which helps us focus on our positives rather than our negatives. I often wish I had the magic wand to make everyone feel better, but all I can give you is the recipe to moving forward through our grief:
        -  Relationships:  Love those around you as they are your support system
        -  Practice positive attitude:
        -  Have goals for the new year and values that matter and are important to you
        -  Exercise
        -  Do something for someone in need of your experience
        -  Learn a lesson as you go
        -  Read my January Newsletter which will be posted next week on http://www.iroquoismemorial.com/
        -  Participate in the blog!

In closing today, it is my hope that each of you who are grieving will find some joy in ringing in the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment